East Africa Islamic Economy Summit 2018
This year’s summit will look at Islamic economy to define the role of the financial sector, and utilize its tools and technologies as growth accelerators and as means to facilitate transactions free from traditional bureaucratic processes and drive financial inclusion.
The emergence of Fin Tech opens a host of investment opportunities in the digital Islamic economy. This nascent sector is widely receptive to innovation and in dire need of fresh talent, especially when it comes to small and medium enterprises.
East Africa’s fairly developed infrastructure and communication sector, a tech savvy young population and the ability to capitalize on technology development provides a great opportunity for the region to lead in Islamic digital economy.
Accounting firm Ernst & young puts a figure of 150 million new customers by 2021 with the adaptation of Technology in Islamic Finance.
2018 Summit Speakers
Interact with some of the respected minds in Islamic Economy in the region & globally.
- Senior Representatives of Multilateral Bodies
- Asset Management and Private Equity Firms
- Takaful and ReTakaful Companies
- Financial Institutions
- Food Manufacturers and Processors
- Hotels, Travel Agencies, and Tourism Related Companies & Bodies
- Leading International and Local Media
- Entrepreneurs (businessmen/importers/exporters)
- International Business Leaders
- Government Leaders & Heads of Government Ministries
- Business Professionals
- Shari’a Scholars and Advisors
- Lawyers & Legal Experts
- Professors & Academicians
- Owners of Islamic Business Enterprises
- Global Islamic Economic outlook vs East Africa’s outlook
- Disruptive Technology – Fintech prospects in Islamic Finance and Blockchain Technology in Islamic Investment & International Trade
- Sukuk Bonds – Are we there yet?
- Islamic Finance role in bridging EAC financial inclusion & women Economic empowerment gap.
- Linkages : Islamic Finance and East Africa’s Halal Economy
- Industry HardTalk – Challenging the common perception of Islamic Finance
- Financing East Africa’s private /public projects 2018
- Position your organization as an innovator and leader in the Islamic Economy in the region
- Raise the profile of your organization and its key personnel
- Host your clients & prospects in an inspirational and enlightening environment
- Develop senior contacts & enhance your credibility with key prospects
- Participate in the development of the summit; contribute to the discussion of your sector’s top issues and opportunities
Islamic Finance Technology Partner
What delegates thought of the summit in 2017
and networking perspective. It definitely added value.
Check out photos from the previous Summit
Summit Media Coverage
EAIES 2018 receives highlights from local, regional and international media. This is due its success in the past and enables us to attract a good quality of both speakers and participants.
Have you any Questions, Comments and General Enquiries about the conference?